Since the weather is turning cold, I've decided to cook more soups and curries for dinner. Hopefully the former will balance out the latter in the calorie count! Today my nose has been feeling a little cold, so curry it is tonight.

Ingredients I'm using (serves 2)

6 cloves of garlic; 2cm of ginger; 6 shallots; 4 bird-eye chillies (cili padi) - all chopped finely
one packet adabi chicken curry powder (that's the brand I happen to have)
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
half a chicken, chopped
one potato, cubed
coconut milk; salt to taste
Here's how I plan to prepare it
Heat oil in pan till hot, then fry the chopped garlic, ginger, shallots and chillies till fragrant. Meanwhile, add a tablespoon of water to the curry powder to form a paste and add it to the pan. Fry some more till really fragrant and the oil starts coming to the surface. Add the chicken and some water. Cover and simmer until tender. Add the potato and again, simmer until tender before adding the coconut milk. Simmer over low heat and add salt to taste.

Here's how it turned out

Next time I try this, I should add just a bit more coconut milk. It wasn't spicy enough for my liking (notwithstanding adding the extra chilli!).

0 comments:


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.