Horror of horrors. Look at what the newly-unveiled logo for the London 2012 Olympic Games looks like:-
When I first saw it, I thought, clearly this has got to be a joke. Perhaps they are publishing the worst-of-the-worst entries for the Design an Olympic Logo competition. Unfortunately, it's so official it's untrue.
There's even a petition going round calling for change.
400 thousand pounds were spent and it took an agency a year to come up with it. Why couldn't they have chosen one of these or these instead? Readers of the BBC News website took a few minutes to design and send in their alternative designs, and most of them are more attractive than the shards-of-pink-glass-panes of an atrocity that is the unveiled logo.
On a lighter note, of the 'alternative' designs, check out this one with David Brent in it! LOL.
Too funny! See how the pink logo has been 'rearranged'.
Categories From the Beeb, Roll eyes
It's truly a shocker! I can't believe that the people in charge actually chose this logo (and paid 400000 pounds for it!). Now I wonder what the mascot will look like. *shudder*
Found this article about the Olympic logo at Seth Godin's blog... you might be interested to check it out.
everyone's being so stubborn about it staying put :( maybe the mascot will be a stack of flattened cardboard boxes held together by yellow raffia, spray-painted neon pink and with post-its for eyes.
yaarrr i read about this...but the rearranged logo is super hilarious!
by the way i love your "roll eyes" category. it's so you!