We have been going to Lan Fong Yuen (Gage Street, Central) for our lai cha and ju pa bao fix. Especially after we heard that they were famous for filtering the tea with silk stockings. The shop began as a stall, and when it grew in popularity they bought the shop behind it and there's even a branch a few doors down from the original shop.
I prefer the airconditioned comfort of the shop though, in this muggy weather. The 'silk stocking 'tea, pork chop bun and french toast are our favourites. The tea is very strong though, I had a bit of a headache the first time I drank it!
The dish you see below is affectionately referred to as "sum dor dor" (literally, lots and lots of heart!)
Categories Food, This is HK
2 comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
aiyoh... you make me wanna-wanna go to hongkong.
mas promotional fares are now below rm1000.
tempted... but i can't :-(
lulu, come, come... plan ahead?? surely always got promotional fares (off-peak season lah)