The in-laws are arriving on Friday! They're staying a couple of days longer than expected, so I don't think I'll have time to blog the next week or so. Meanwhile these few days I'd better plan the spring-clean (should it be winter-clean?) schedule. Priority: Dust top shelves. Luckily I haven't got a mantelpiece. But I do have a 'top shelf'. You know the implications of a top shelf.
One of my ongoing rants is how dusty HK is: even if you keep your doors and windows tightly shut, it's inevitable that the place will get dusty by the end of the day. One of my theories is that we bring a lot of dust in from outside. I would have vacuumed the floor thoroughly in the morning.. and yet in the evening.. I would find a dust bunny under the sofa! Ugh! (Could this be celebrating the mundane... heh heh)
We've had a spate of cold weather (though you guys in the States would shrug it off as a mere toe-tickle! ;) ) and bracing winds from the monsoon supposedly affecting southern China makes the walk in the park a battle against hypothermia sorry for the exaggeration. On Sunday the Observatory issued a cold weather warning, so we bundled up to go to church. After a rousing carol service, we had lunch at an Italian restaurant (decor was authentic, food not really) with friends before we ended up at HK Park and Central for a walk. We took some photos with really blue skies.. honest, I didn't photoshop it to make it bluer!
Bank of China Tower (above)
Lippo Towers (above). Inspired by the koala bear... look carefully!
Reflections of the HK cityscape (above)
More reflections...
From the other perspective...
Two rival banking houses!
Categories Just being random